Those of us who are addicted to psychic matters can push the boat out too far now and then. Meditating too many hours, getting involved in a smorgasbord of metaphysical projects, over doing the tarot readings, trying to help out everyone like a saint. As wonderful as such a mission might be, we might not be taking enough time out for ourselves and the result could be your basic psychic burn out.
How do we spot the clues before it is too late? A burnt out psychic is not a great sight to behold with that haunted expression and faraway stare, Symptoms could be over eating, and skew whiff decision making, in fact an addiction to a metaphysical dream could morph into one big nightmare.
To define whether you are on the edge of a psychic burn out, ask the following questions:
Do you pile bills in a forgettable place, and then get into a frazzle when the lights go off because you have not paid the electrics?
- Do you wish you had never come to this earth, and think any other planet would have been preferable?
- Do you find getting up in the morning impossible?
- Do you day dream excessively?
- Do you believe love is all that matters yet you bicker hatefully with your mum?
- Do you like being on your own with your cuddly cat, rather than getting cuddly with a very special friend?
- Do you pray out loud when faced with post office queues?
- Do you go into altered dimensions whilst pushing your trolley from the supermarket to the car?
- Do you suddenly go out of control, screaming blue murder at hateful customer services hot lines?
- Do you believe that the only thing that matters is your spirituality and your psychic gifts?
- Do you think anyone who does not come up to the metaphysical plate is a crashing bore?
- Have you become the fall guy for neurotic relatives, or work colleagues?
- Do you smile fixedly at people without knowing why?
- Do you suddenly burst into tears of exhaustion, and yearn to live in a world of your own?
- Do you stare at the ceiling all night long?
- Do you get sudden palpitations, and have difficulty breathing?
- Have you had a panic attack in the last six months?
- Do you feel other people’s pain so intensely it becomes unbearable?
- Do you have trouble looking after number one, as per cooking yourself healthy meals and taking daily showers?
- Do you give away healing sessions and free advice 24 hours a day?
- Have you had an accident, or fallen sick regularly with the flu or colds?
- Do you find your eyes filling with tears for no reason?
- Do you get very attached to your pets, so much so you never leave the house in case they get lonely?
- Do people think you are kind, loving and beautiful but totally nutty and unrealistic?
- Is self sabotage your primary problem?
If you can say yes to more than five of the above, you are probably well on your way to burn out. It is time to shape up or ship out, or at the very least enjoy a long weekend at a local spa! (1656)