Smiling Buddha statues emanate an attitude that has everything to do with one hearty belly laugh. May be because only Buddha knows those who end up with egg on their face don’t care a fig about getting it just right. In fact, they know spirituality is taken far too seriously when in truth anything to do with soulful liberation is literally a laugh a minute!
If you want to be as happy as a laughing Buddha let go of rigid perceptions of reality right now, toss out judgemental attitudes and self criticism and welcome an elastic, angst free, open hearted perception of life.
1. Get yourself a dog! Yes a dog will bring that smile to your face; those fun loving critters know how to enjoy life. If you have ever seen a dog rolling in a muddy puddle, tongue lolling out of its mouth a grin on its face, you will get what ecstasy means.
2. Enjoy a slow pace no gobbling your ham roll whilst driving, talking on the phone, or swearing at a traffic warden.
3. Take long country walks and as you do so breathe in deep, get that air circulating around your lungs and blood stream till you feel that super buzz.
4. Walk in the rain. Splash welly boots in those puddles and pretend to be five years old again!
5. Pick up the rubbish strewn around your neighbourhood tend the plants and trees, ensuring that your street sparkles with a welcoming atmosphere. Happy people will be drawn to it.
6. Help someone out. Nothing is more life fulfilling then doing good deeds on a regular basis.
7. Watch funny movies you could start the day with a YouTube cartoon and then laugh your way through a traffic jam.
8. Frame photos of all the people you love, like or admire and place them on your mantelpiece or hang them on your wall.
9. Learn how to cat nap, nothing better than a quick snooze after lunch to energise the mind and your vibe.
10. Get yourself a beauty treatment just for the fun of knowing you will look great.
11. Enrol in a yoga or meditation class.
12. Buy yourself a back scratcher, or get someone gorgeous to rub your neck.
13. Stop obsessing about no go lovers. If you can’t love the one you want, love the one you’re with.
14. Go for romantic weekends in Paris, if you don’t have a partner have a loving time with yourself or dance the tango in Rue del La Pompe with a new and sexy French lover.
15. Enjoy the company of your favourite nephews and nieces, never be afraid to play catch or croquet with kids and grandparents.
16. Learn to tell jokes and shaggy dog tales.
17. Learn to give up moaning.
18. Learn to give up nagging.
19. Learn to give up thinking everyone else is better than you.
20. Learn to savour your caf latte or cuppa in the morning, sipping slowly and enjoying each mouthful of hot croissant or toast will bring a big beam to your face.
21. Do not be afraid to make a fool of yourself whilst retro or line dancing.
22. Make daisy chains and roll around the buttercups.
23. Enjoy your ice cream and pizza once a month without worrying about your waistline.
24. Eat green often.
25. Take some Bach Flower Rescue Remedy for worries and fears.
26. Ask a psychic to predict only positive fortunes.
27. Avoid wingers, groaners, sneaky folks and “putter downers.”
28. Learn the art of enjoying that loving and kind tease.
29. Tell someone how beautiful they are and mean it.
Will the above help you become as happy as that smiling Buddha? If practised on a daily basis most definitely. Certainly Buddha’s compassion, kindness, and loving attitude already resides in your heart, all you have to do is acknowledge the power of your soul and celebrate its glory. Go on we dare you!
(C)Copyright 2013, Psychic.Info 2631 (669)