Why do so many metaphysical folks miss out on the funny side of life simply because they take enlightenment so seriously? In other words, why are they dedicated to that “no pain no gain” “bed of nails” “self sacrifice” syndrome, which includes five hours meditating on a cliff edge, a one week carrot fast, and excessive self improvement workouts? Could they be missing the point?
The hilarious Jim Carrey and like minded show biz folk picked up on the funny aspects of spirituality and created a new trend called The Global Alliance for Transformational Entertainment to not only highlight spirituality in show business, but to liberate that great cosmic chuckle. In one of their shows, Carrey actually ended up with his face in a vase as he spiritually communed with flowers!
It takes a big mind and open heart to laugh whilst picking oneself off the floor and dusting down life’s challenges time and time again. However, spirituality can help you see that dedication to the supernatural can be an immensely funny ride, a true exploration of your divine nature once you access the light hearted moment and eclipse problems with a happy mantra or a more detached view of life.
When human beings play and laugh together they cooperate, they are as happy as dolphins leaping the waves or Alaskan grizzlies cavorting in the forest. Our animal friends consistently get the cosmic joke. Cats are funny because they are quite simply..cats, and dogs are always laughing with those toothy, panting grins of theirs. We certainly need to take a page out of their book if we want to step out of personal melodramas to enjoy the truth of who we truly are; you know light filled, loving beings.
Tibetan Buddhism’ says “When you realise how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.” So how can we have fun being spiritual, or in other words how do we laugh at the sky?
- To get yourself in a positive mood watch a couple of funny videos on YouTube of a morning, how about Road Runner to remind you how often you muck up funny style?
- Call your friends over and have a party. When you spiritually hit the high note you will rock and roll to perfection.
- Choose what makes you feel good, for example if you like ice cream, buy yourself a tub. Remember, guzzling your favourite choc ice in the company of friends is one of the more “divine” life experiences.
- Go outside and play, perhaps you could climb a tree, bird watch, gather some wild flowers, or simply sit and look at a beautiful view, gorgeous enough to make you smile.
- Listen to music, for example enjoy an open air concert and let your spirit soar as the music dances with your soul.
- Be like a kid, and play with each moment, seeing the game in everything. You will access the sacred side of life, and the Divine Mind that unites all of us.
- Eliminate struggle and self sacrifice.
Enjoy spiritual jokes and stories too, for they are awe-inspiring, profound and life enhancing and remember God has a sense of humour; he must have, because the cosmic joke is definitely on us!
(C)Copyright 2013, Psychic.Info 2649 (1018)