Okay, it has to be faced most of us believe spirituality is a bit of a po faced affair, may be because raucously slapping thighs in church, temple or synagogue is not the thing to do. Seemingly, spirituality is a very serious business, prayers must be said, meditation stances maintained, rituals adhered to and convincing other people that our belief should be theirs is also part of the deal. However. another side to spirituality is its joyful side, the type of spirituality that makes you want to celebrate because life is a gorgeous experience full to bursting point with mystery and wonder.
Most religions find “joyful” a bit of a challenge though. Can you imagine a line of cardinals doing the can can, or a couple of priests into a Laurel and Hardy act? However, joy is part and parcel of religious thought, even the bible states:
Nehemiah 8:10 – “And Nehemiah continued, ‘Go and celebrate with a feast of rich foods and sweet drinks, and share gifts of food with people who have nothing prepared. This is a sacred day before our Lord. Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!'”
The psychic, the healer knows celebration is all about adoring the Divine joyfully. They also know we do not have to go to church every Sunday to be spiritual. Spirituality is inherent in the kind of choices we make every day, the encouraging words we say to a friend down on their luck, the way we help out with a smile or a word. In fact, miracles happen with a laugh. psychics smile as they predict happy outcomes, we encourage a child with a beam, reach out to a friend with a laugh, join our mates for a giggle.
The truly spiritual person opens their heart, and as they do miracles happen. Unsolvable problems are solved, dark moments lighten up, we find a way back to ourselves, and stop taking ourselves so seriously, in fact, it is difficult to be pompous and a “know it all” when we are laughing. At this point, you might ask yourself how do I celebrate life then, how do I laugh “spiritually? Well, here are some hints:
1. Forget about taking yourself seriously unless you are one of those people who never gets spinach on your teeth, never puts your right foot in a left shoe, never lose your keys and never gets a parking ticket.
2. Make sure you laugh copiously once a day. Watch funny movies, go to a comedy store, learn a few jokes. See yourself as Laurel to your partner’s Hardy, a stand up comedian with a glint in their eye. There is nothing more fulfilling than making people laugh, and laughing with them.
3. Pray yes, prayer is one fun thing to do. So if you want to laugh your way to happiness start praying for that lottery win with a smile on your face.
4. Celebrate good times. Your friend passed their driving test, celebrate. Your brother got a promotion, celebrate. Your mum found exactly the right pair of shoes, celebrate. You cat has kittens. celebrate.
5. Sing, yes singing opens the lungs and heart and remember research has demonstrated human beings use but five percent of their brains, so imagine how much laughing you could do if you used the remaining 95 percent!
Last but not least, don’t worry if people think you are nuts because you love to laugh. You probably are, but you are also loving, giving and compassionate. In fact, you are a lookalike for a laughing Buddha, someone who brings joy, compassion and fun to others lives. No, you don’t have to laugh all the time, if you did you would be boring, but you could start seeing the funny side of life, and in the process have a huge, big, cosmic giggle!
(C)Copyright 2013, Psychic.Info 2637 (1002)